The single crochet (abbreviated as sc) is the most basic crochet stitch for making fabric. All the other stitches are variations on this one. So even if you’ve never held a hook before or don’t know a slip knot from a single crochet, this class will help you pick up basic techniques and tips. Soon enough you’ll be ready to crochet in rows, which is all you need to make a scarf. Please bring a G hook.
Have you been too afraid to learn how to sew? Starting to sew is simple if you go stitch by stitch. Learning how to sew is a “hands on” and “learning by doing” experience. It does take practice to build up skill in order to do all the stitches correctly, but that’s the great part about learning with your new best friend the seam ripper. After you do a few of the projects, you will feel that you can do anything with sewing!
We will cover:
- Sewing machine basics, care and use
- Stitch basics and types
- Fabric and fiber types
- Marking and cutting fabric
- Understanding sewing pattern markings
- Sizing and fitting
- Beginners’ Project: PJ pants
- Finishing stitches and pressing
- Picking out your next project
- Sewing Machine (If unable to bring own machine please let us know, one can be supplied)